Monday, April 14, 2014

Forgiveness Poem


Forgiveness

He’s wronged my sensibilities
His skin is green emerald scales like the armor of Chrysophylax
I cannot pierce the steel plating with my soft maxims
I cannot pierce the steel plating with a one-ton axe

“Relax” he says to me, “you are too serious,”
Yet his words are hate filled venom poisoning my eccentricities,
“Calm down” he quietly chants, “too deep” he frets,
 lest my meager words rip through his emerald green scales, 
lest I slay the dragon with a soft epithet

His burnt red wings spread majestically slicing the air to flee my plea of repair,
My arms sprout tiny steel plates becoming iron sheets and I leap… then heat.
Fire is in my throat, my eyes gleam red, and I no longer have fingers or toes,
I pursue my friend flying in the pink sunset sky, high above the cloud shaped moats.

He drops upon a blue-ridged precipice far beyond the crimson sunset,
His eyes drip dragon tears large as buckets freezing blue on the white crest,
The sturdy creature turns round with bloodhound eyes, entranced with pity,
His long neck twists as I hover on high; I await his thunderous roar from the ground

My wings flap thin air and the mountain trembles beneath their forceful thrusts,
I long for even lust, for forgiveness between us, between our dragon’s breath.
For years I fly to visit him upon his perch, he has become a stone statue set
in diamond, as the ice droplets glisten upon his armor, but beneath a red breast.

For decades I land beside my friend wrapping a winged appendage across his spiked back, 
I rest my leathered chin atop his diamond cap, and puff a sigh of regret,
Then my dragon tears drip upon his lap and I weep for forgiveness,
Heat brims in the pits of my deep dragon wrath and fire comes out my throat

The flames melt his diamond coat and lava forms beneath our clawed toes,
The sunrays pour from out my mouth until the mountaintop is ablaze with light,
I hold him tight feeling his armor begin to soften as we’re wrapped in burning snow,
With surprise I feel my fingers and toes, his warm flesh against my bearded neck,

His white fangs retreat to glistening teeth and his spiked back becomes smooth,
My massive wings move into muscular arms and I feel warm and he does too,
We hold each other atop this mountain’s peak and he raises green eyes to speak,
“I’m so sorry,” he belays downcast in my arms. “I forgive you,” I say. And we weep.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home