Friday, January 03, 2014

"The Tear Watered Tree"

“The Tear Watered Tree”

The subtleness of the air bled into the soft chill of the wind
I felt it on bearded chin amongst the muriatic snow flakes toppling
Down, down, down, upon the speckled pittsburgh ground

Some trust me for no reason and some with apathy or with season
So tears fall inside my throat and into my stomach do float
Creating a dell inside my belly, welling in uncomfortable fits

You know the feeling because we all experience it
That deep pit, like the second chamber inside a black wal-nut,
You push to pop out fleshy meat and plant a tree in your gut

And I think the only change from sad snow-melted rain
Comes with faith because our beliefs shape our destinies
So to trace time past with an eraser won’t create more space

Now you know that feeling too; down, down, down, inside
Where butterflies hide on happier days and sometimes rain,
To water the seed so from it can grow a beautiful tree














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home